Matched betting is a great way to make some extra money. In fact, many people use matched betting as a way to make a full-time income. It’s a simple process that can be done from the comfort of your own home, and it doesn’t require any special skills or knowledge. In this blog post, we will discuss what matched betting is and how you can get started!
What is matched betting? By using the strategy of matched betting, you may benefit from the free bets and other bonuses that bookmakers give. It involves placing two bets; one bet that you will win (a back bet), and one bet that you will lose (a lay bet). By doing this, you can guarantee yourself a profit, no matter the outcome of the event!
How Does It Really Work?
The key to matched betting is understanding how bookmakers make their money. Bookmakers make their money by offering odds that are slightly in their favour. This means that, over time, they will always make a profit. However, by placing two bets, we can cancel out the bookmaker’s advantage and guarantee ourselves a profit!
7 Things You Need to Start Matched Betting
- A bookmaker account – This is where you place your back bets. We recommend signing up to a few different bookmakers to take advantage of all the different offers available.
- A betting exchange account – This is where you place your lay bets. We recommend using Betfair Exchange as they offer the best odds and prices.
- A bankroll – This is the amount of money you have available to place bets with. We recommend starting with at least £50, but the more you have, the more money you can make!
- A profit tracker – This is a tool that allows you to track your progress and ensure you are making a profit. We recommend using the free tool from Profit Accumulator.
- A matched betting calculator – This is a tool that calculates the amounts you need to bet and how much profit you will make. We recommend using the free calculator from OddsMonkey.
- Patience – Matched betting is not a get-rich-quick scheme! You need to be patient and disciplined in order to make consistent profits.
- A willingness to learn – There is a lot of information to take in when you first start matched betting. However, it is important that you take the time to learn as much as you can so that you can maximise your profits!
How to avoid the common mistakes when starting matched betting?
- Not shopping around for the best odds – This is one of the most common mistakes that people make when matched betting.
- Not using a profit tracker – A profit tracker is an essential tool for matched bettors. It allows you to track your progress and ensure you are making a profit. without one, it is very easy to make mistakes and lose money!
- Betting on too many markets – Another common mistake that people make is betting on too many markets. When you first start out, it is important to focus on the offers that are most profitable.
Matched betting is a great way to make money. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it can be done from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.